Thursday, December 12, 2013

The New Baby Arrives

Rather than rewrite history, I just grabbed the post from my family blog that I've been keeping for quite some time. I just wanted to add a few comments. First, Holy Moly! I was huge!! Anyway, we were very fortunate to have the help of Jeremy's mother and my sister here when Jackson was born. I also get a lot of help from my surrogate family, my church. They brought us meals, offered to watch Braden, they were just amazing, and no matter where we move we know that our ward family will be there for us to help us out because we belong to such a service and family oriented church. Now, let me tell you a little bit about this little guy. He was a picky little thing from day one, especially about eating. I finally gave up trying to breastfeed at around three months because neither of us could take it anymore. Then we had to find a formula he liked. Oh my gosh, it took forever to find something he would take. He finally settled on similac soy and it had to be just the right temperature, or no dice. To this day, he has still never taken cold milk and he's still such a picky eater, that it sometimes drives both Jeremy and I nuts! Braden was very good with his new baby brother, and was very gentle with him (at first) which was one of my biggest worries. Things with Jackson were wonderful, feeding issues aside. He loved his swing, and he was good tempered and he LOVED his big brother. He and Braden had a special connection and Braden could always make him smile. Despite some of the issues we are dealing with now (we'll go into that later) Braden is still proud of his little brother and whenever we go anywhere he tells everyone "This is Jackson, he's my baby brother!" So the pictures and posts below are all taken and written right after Jackson was born.
 
 



Well, he's FINALLY here! JACKSON JAMES WEBER was born at 5:45am. He weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. (above - us right before leaving for the hospital to be induced)
I checked into the hospital to be induced at 5:00pm on Tuesday night. Grandma Francie and Aunt Sarah showed up at the hospital around 11pm. They put my epidural in around 2:30am and I slept for a little while until the doctor came in to break my water around 5:00am. After my water was broken, things happened VERY fast, almost too fast! They were literally scrambling to get things ready for the delivery because it came so quickly. the doc basically had time to check me, say "she's ready" and 4 contractions later, Jackson was here!
I couldn't believe how much hair he has! I was really surprised by that! He is so darn cute!

Getting wrapped up and of course getting the lovely goop in his eyes.


I finally get to hold this little guy that's been kicking me for months!


Proud daddy.





Proud Grandma.





Proud Aunt.





All cleaned up and back from the nursery.





Dressed and ready to go home from the hospital. (already holding his own binky)


Braden and Jackson meeting for the first time. Braden can't say "Jackson" so he calls him "Jaskin". Braden has done so great with his baby brother. He's very soft with him and asks where "Jaskin" is all the time. Aunt Sarah has been so great at keeping Braden busy and playing with him all the time so he doesn't feel left out. It felt so good to come home. It felt like we were in the hospital forever and we really missed Braden.


Braden holding Jackson for the first time. (He totally wouldn't look at the camera) Things have been going well since we came home. I'm recovering and hopefully Jackson is putting back some of the weight he lost in the hospital. (He was down to 7lbs 4oz when we left). We love just having him home and holding him. He's a very sweet baby. We've been SOOOOOO blessed and we are so grateful for BOTH of our children! We're also grateful for all the support and help we've gotten. I have some of the BEST visiting teachers and we have a GREAT ward. And Jeremy's mom and my sister have BOTH been life savers! We're so glad to finally have Jackson here and part of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment